Opening a Fund
Opening and maintaining a fund at Berkshire Taconic is simple and flexible. We provide all administrative services related to the fund, including tax documentation, record keeping of all fund activity and investments and grant distributions to charities.
Steps to opening a fund
1. You and your professional advisor decide which fund options are the best fit. You can learn more about our funds or the various ways of giving on our website. In addition, our experienced staff is always available to meet with you and your clients to discuss giving options. If you'd like to speak with one of our staff, or request our brochure "Guide to Giving", you can contact Jill Cancellieri, Director of Philanthropic Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413.229.0370 x 103.
2. Complete a simple new fund worksheet. If it is a donor advised fund, you name the current fund advisors and you may also name successor advisors, such as children.
3. Make your initial gift using cash, stock or other assets.
Once the fund is established
2. Berkshire Taconic invests the assets based on your choice of our four investment options.
3. You send Berkshire Taconic grant recommendations; you may make grants in your name, the fund's name or anonymously.
4. You will get secure online access to fund-specific information (including fund balance, grant history, gifts made to your fund, pending grants and quarterly statements.
5. You may make additional gifts to the fund anytime through outright gifts, a bequest, a charitable trust, charitable gift annuity or other form of planned gift.