You can create a lasting legacy.
A legacy fund can be established for donors who have chosen to leave a future gift to BTCF. You can become a member of our Legacy Circle through a charitable bequest or estate plan.
When you remember Berkshire Taconic in your will, you may reduce your estate taxes while supporting your community. We will help you ensure that your wishes are clearly understood so that they can be carefully carried out in the future.
- Make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime
- Give stock and realize larger tax savings
- Earn income for life in return for your gift
- Donate your house, continue to live there, and receive a tax break at the same time
- $250 set-up fee to establish
Legacy funds can be named in a will or trust as a charitable beneficiary or as the beneficiary of retirement assets or life insurance. They can also be named as the ultimate purpose of a donor advised fund once there are no longer active advisors.
Read our Legacy Brochure [Flipsnack]
Sample Legacy Fund Agreement [PDF, 69KB]
BTCF’s Legacy Circle honors individuals who have named Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation in their will or estate plan. Legacy Circle members may choose to be anonymous or to receive special recognition and invitations to foundation events.
Sometimes, people leave a bequest to the foundation without our knowledge and we only learn of the gift after the donor’s lifetime. We hope you will give us the opportunity to honor your vision, or to assist you and your advisors as you prepare to invest in your community even after your own lifetime.
Your willingness to be listed as a member of our Legacy Circle encourages others to follow your example.
We thank the legacy donors below who have made this commitment to strengthen the future of our region, and have chosen Berkshire Taconic as the vehicle for their generosity.
- Duncan Calhoun and Russell Gibson
- Sally Eagle and Dan Mead
- Norma Edsall* and Alice Corbin
- Monroe England
- Sheldon Evans and Martha McMaster
- Brian Fairbank
- Charlie and Betty Frank
- Donald Grody*
- Bobbie Hallig
- Ed Hoe and Lisa Bouchard Hoe
- David Johnson
- Francoise Kelz
- Dave Klausmeyer
- James and Catherine Miller
- Kelly A. Morgan
- Carol Perkins
- Shaffin Shariff and Michael Bryan Loftus
- Mary Silks
- John and Jid Sprague
- Laurel Trahan
- Donna Todd Rivers
- Albert F. Vinck Jr.
- Vera V.J. Weintraub
The funds below are designated to receive a bequest gift from a generous donor.
- Crofut Family Fund
- Dorsoduro Scholarship Fund
- Ralph Damian Fedele Fund
- Ferris-Burtis Fund
- Fund for Mt. Washington
- Joan Griswold Fund
- JB2 Fund
- Eleanor Lord Fund
- Mario Fund
- McCarthy Family Fund
- David Wilson Milne and Joyce Harris Milne Charitable Fund
- Pine Grove Cemetery Fund
- Elizabeth F. and Wynn A. Sayman Fund
- Honey Sharp and David Lippman Legacy Fund
- Whistler's Brother