Berkshire Taconic is pleased to provide you with links to other helpful scholarship resources.
Federal Student Aid – U.S. Department of Education
- www.fafsa.ed.gov: The official site for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You also can apply for your PIN here.
- www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov: Provides early estimate of federal aid eligibility (PIN is not required).
- www.studentaid.ed.gov: Provides information on federal loans, forms and repayment options. Also includes information on preparing for and applying for college.
Free Scholarship Search Services
Please note that fees may apply if you are purchasing resources, registering for tests or applying for aid in the form of loans, etc.
- FirstGenerationStudent.com: FirstGenerationStudent.com helps first-generation college students navigate the college application process, from beginning to end and beyond.
- FinAid!: FinAid was established as a public service to those seeking financial aid and is considered one of the most comprehensive sources of student financial aid information, advice and tools.
- ACT: ACT is an independent, nonprofit organization that provides assessment, research and information services in the areas of education and workforce development. The site also includes a free financial need estimator.
- CollegeBoard: CollegeBoard is a nonprofit membership association whose mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. They administer the SAT exam.
- Dollars for Scholars: A national network of grassroots, community-based, volunteer-driven scholarship foundations throughout the United States.
- GoCollege: One of the oldest resources to guide students on how to finance their education and succeed in college.
- KnowHow2GO: A comprehensive site that helps students prepare and plan for college.
- Heath Resource Center: The online clearinghouse on post-secondary education for individuals with disabilities.
- I'm First: An online community to provide first-generation college students with support, advice and encouragement.
- United Negro College Fund: UNCF's mission is to build a robust and nationally-recognized pipeline of under-represented students who, because of UNCF support, become highly-qualified college graduates and to ensure that our network of member institutions is a respected model of best practice in moving students to and through college.
- http://www.bestcolleges.com/financial-aid/minority-students/: Financial aid guide for minority students.
- http://www.collegeaffordabilityguide.org/: Brings together disparate bodies of data to produce a more holistic (but also focused) view of which colleges are likely to be the best value for the money.
- TurboTax: Guides and videos with college tax tips.
- The Simple Dollar: The Simple Dollar offers a comprehensive guide designed to help students learn how to manage their personal finances, especially those who are preparing for or are already in college.