andrea wagner women in science scholarship fund
WHO CAN APPLY
Female residents of the Berkshire Taconic region (Berkshire County, Mass., Columbia County and northeast Dutchess County, NY, and northwest Litchfield County, Conn.) who are currently enrolled at a four-year college and majoring in natural or physical sciences or engineering.
The mission of the Andrea Wagner Women in Science Scholarship is to provide scholarship support to female residents of the region who are currently enrolled at a four-year college program and majoring in natural or physical sciences and engineering.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a current college freshman, sophomore or junior applying for aid for the remaining years in their four-year bachelor program
- Major in either natural or physical sciences or engineering
- Carry a minimum overall 3.3 GPA and minimum 3.3 GPA in major core and elective courses
- Have been a full-time resident of the Berkshire Taconic region during most of the last two years of public or private high school. An exception may be made for boarding school students whose family residence is in the Berkshire Taconic region.
There is one award of $1,500 given each year. Applicants will be informed of Berkshire Taconic's decision within three months of the deadline date. Awards will go towards the student's second semester payment (provided evidence is submitted of being enrolled and in good academic standing).
The committee will review requests for scholarships according to the following criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Evidence of ambition and motivation to pursue a career in the sciences
- Engagement in work, community service, sports or other challenging non-science related activities
Applications will be reviewed by a Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation scholarship committee. The committee's recommendations will be reviewed by Berkshire Taconic's board of directors.