CELLA FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP FUND
WHO CAN APPLY
Graduating high school students who are residents of Berkshire County and who are Pro Shop employees and/or caddies of the country clubs of Berkshire County.
The Cella Family Scholarship was created in 2015 to support the academic achievement of Pro Shop employees and caddies of the country clubs of Berkshire County, and encourage them to enroll at an accredited college or university to further pursue their interests.
The fund was established by Dr. Jeffrey Cella of Pittsfield, Mass., who spent many of his childhood summers as a caddie in Berkshire County. Young Cella observed and listened to hundreds of golfers that passed through, and credits his ambition to succeed to what he learned from these players on the golf course. This fund is his way of giving other young caddies and Pro Shop workers a chance for a better future.
- Be an employee in good standing at a Berkshire County Pro Shop, or caddie, who has been employed for a minimum of 150 hours since April of the previous year
- Be a high school graduate or eligible for graduation in the year in which the scholarship is awarded
- Have achieved a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) by the start of his or her last quarter or semester of instruction
- Be planning to pursue undergraduate study (full or part-time) at a two- or four-year college or university, or other school of the student's choice accredited by one or more of the accrediting bodies belonging to the "Council on Post-Secondary Education."
There is one award of $1,150 given each year. Applicants will be informed of Berkshire Taconic's decision within three months of the deadline date. Awards will go towards the student's second semester payment (provided evidence is submitted of being enrolled and in good academic standing).
The committee will review requests for scholarships according to the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Individual motivation
- Scholastic aptitude and academic achievement
- Community service
Applications will be reviewed by a Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation scholarship committee. The committee's recommendations will be reviewed by Berkshire Taconic's Board of Directors.