Northeast Dutchess Scholarship Fund
WHO CAN APPLY
Graduating students of Dover High School, Millbrook Public High School, Stissing Mt. High School, Webutuck High School, northeast Dutchess County, NY.
The mission of the Northeast Dutchess Scholarship Fund is to provide substantial financial assistance to college-bound residents of northeast Dutchess (Amenia, Clinton Corners, Dover Plains, Millbrook, Millerton, North East, Pine Plains, Stanford, Washington, Wassaic and Wingdale, and their hamlets) who are graduating from a public high school and who will be enrolled in a two- or four-year college program.
- Be a graduating senior of the following high schools: Webutuck High School, Dover High School, Millbrook High School, Stissing Mountain High School
- Have been a full time resident within the northeast Dutchess region two years prior to applying for the scholarship
If funding is available and there are eligible candidates, the fund will award $2,500 to one graduating senior. Recipients may apply to renew their scholarships as long as they continue to meet the award criteria up to a maximum of $10,000 over four years. Awards will be paid directly to the school for the student's second semester (provided evidence is submitted of being enrolled and in good academic standing).
The committee will review requests for scholarships according to the following criteria:
- Academic achievement with a history of rigorous course selection and completion
- Evidence of ambition/motivation to secure a bright future
- Financial need/impact of scholarship assistance
Applications will be reviewed by the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation Scholarship Committee. Their recommendations will be reviewed by Berkshire Taconic's board of directors.