P.D. AND LUCY GRAYBEAL WYANTENUCK SCHOLARSHIP FUND
WHO CAN APPLY
Sons, daughters, grandsons or granddaughters of Wyantenuck Country Club members or full-time employees.
The P.D. and Lucy Graybeal Wyantenuck Scholarship was created in 2015 by D. Scudder Graybeal in honor of his parents. The Fund is supported by an annual golf tournament at the Wyantenuck Country Club.
- Be a son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter of Wyantenuck Country Club members or be a son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter of Wyantenuck Country Club full-time, year-round employees
- Be a high school senior pursuing a higher education degree at a 2-year or 4-year college or university, or vocational school, or an undergraduate currently enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year college.
- Have achieved a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) by the start of his or her last quarter or semester of instruction
- Be planning to pursue undergraduate study (full or part-time) at a two- or four-year college or university, or other school of the student's choice accredited by one or more of the accrediting bodies belonging to the "Council on Post-Secondary Education."
There will be two awards of $3,500 or one award of $7,000 given each year provided that there are a minimum of four eligible applications for each award. Applicants will be informed of Berkshire Taconic's decision within three months of the deadline date. Awards will go towards the student's fall semester payment (provided evidence is submitted of being enrolled).
The committee will review requests for scholarships according to the following criteria:
- Expressed effort to achieve life goals
- Reasonable academic achievement
- Financial need
Applications will be reviewed by a Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation scholarship committee. The committee's recommendations will be reviewed by Berkshire Taconic's Board of Directors.