Samuels and Cornman Educational Scholarship Fund
WHO CAN APPLY
Graduating seniors of Lenox Memorial High School who are entering their first year of a two year or four year nationally accredited college or university. This may include vocational schools, trade schools or apprenticeships.
The Esther Samuels and Mabel Cornman Educational Scholarship was established in 2006 to provide an annual scholarship to a Lenox Memorial High School senior who will pursue a post secondary education.
Applicants must be graduating seniors of Lenox Memorial High School who are entering their first year of a two year or four year nationally accredited college or university. This may include vocational schools, trade schools or apprenticeships.
There will be one award of $1,000 given each year. Awards will be paid for the student’s second semester (provided evidence is submitted of being enrolled and in good academic standing).
The committee will review requests for scholarships according to the following criteria:
- Graduation from the Lenox Memorial High School in good academic standing as evidenced by SAT scores, class rank and overall grades
- Demonstration of significant evidence of a contribution to society during high school such as:
- Volunteer work with a local non-profit agency.
- Leadership and involvement with school activities.
- Other community involvement.
- Recipient of education/community awards
- Evidence of express efforts and ambitions to achieve life and academic goals
- Acceptance and enrollment at a two-year or four-year college or university
Applications will be reviewed by the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation Scholarship Committee. This is a committee of area residents who are active in community affairs. Their recommendations will be reviewed by Berkshire Taconic’s Board of Directors.